Skip to main content

Wightout on the Isle of Wight !

It snowed heavily and without warning on Tuesday evening . I was in the cinema with Adam and did not realise what was happening . We got out of the car park and , sliding all the way , through the ungritted town centre . We had to abandon my van at my old home on the main road and complete our journey on foot .

My Daughter Emma was in Portsmouth at university and she could not get back to Newport as the ungritted roads became blocked with abandoned vehicles . After 3 hours and less than one mile she , along with many others took refuge in the Flemming Arms in Binstead . They gave her some dry clothes and let everyone who was stuck stay until at after 3 am word got through that the council had finally cleared the main road to Newport .

Everyone you meet seems to have a smile on their face and appears friendly and eager to help out anyone they can . It seems that human nature makes people happiest when overcoming adversity not when" having it easy " .

The temperature has hardly gone above zero since and the " cold snap " is predicted to go on for at least a week . Apparently it is also snowing in Florida .

I have been enjoying the weather and have taken many pictures and driven my 4wd Mitsubishi Delica with the differential lock on for the first time ever . Pictures here .


I have heard a lot in the media about man made global warming and CO2 emissions and my reality did not seem to fit this new theory . I have always been sceptical of media dangers as so many " global threats " have not materialised .
Aids !
Bird Flue !
Greenhouse effect !
BSE !
Hole in ozone layer !
Oil running out !
food supply not keeping up with population growth !
Swine flue
etc.etc.

It seems just like the dodgy carpet salesmen who you meet who have an amazing bargain for you but you must act immediately ! Acting immediately gives no chance for proper consideration . If I am ever told that I always "smell a rat " , don't do the deal and I have yet to regret it .

Pity the government didn't check the details a bit better before they bought Northern Rock etc.
Then maybe they would not have agreed to the million pound pension to the failed chairman and found the hidden losses which have now surfaced .

I decided to research this latest theory and this is what I discovered about the alleged " settled science of man made global warming . It is just one theory and in no way settled .
It is the democratisation of science where reality is ignored or concealed and the theory is "proved " by having enough " believers " in one place where " heretic disbelievers "are excluded and proving it by majority voting .

These are the facts that they ignore which cast more than doubt on the current trendy theory of MMGW.

  • From the early ’40s to the mid ’70s there occurred global cooling, despite rising levels of CO2. This created a widely shared fear of an approaching new ice age.
  • Since 1998, global temperatures have fallen, especially during the last two years.
  • Sun spots create a strengthening of the sun’s magnetic field. There is evidence to demonstrate a direct link between sunspots and warm weather. The astronomer Edward Maunder attributed the ‘little ice age’ to low sun spot activity.
  • The most significant atmospheric greenhouse gas is water vapour.
  • Temperature rises precede rises in atmospheric CO2 levels (not vice versa) by between 800-1000 years – which is argued to be a feature of sea warming, causing this release of CO2.
  • Ground stations, which measure warming, are sited close to cities which are warmer than countryside. Tarmac, buildings, concrete, vehicles, etc, create an artificially warm environment. Since the USSR collapsed, many meteorological stations in Russia (above) and Siberia have ceased to function in cold locations.
  • The cost of mitigating global warming far exceeds the cost of the damage. Indeed, the beneficial effects of warming in terms of crop yields arguably outweigh the negative effects and open up lands in Northern areas of Canada and Russia.
  • Warming advisors to local and regional authorities, governments, corporations and others must justify their existence. The IPCC is similar; its survival depends upon the warming thesis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The S.T.EN. Gun

“ We will never surrender !” France fell to the German Blitzkrieg in May 1940 . The retreating British Army ended up being rescued from the beaches of Dunkirk by a flotilla of little ships leaving behind much of their equipment . A German invasion was expected ! Winston Churchill the British prime minister made his famous “ we will fight them on the beaches – we will never surrender ! “ speech and the Battle of Britain was on ! The UK desperately needed submachineguns . The Government ordered well made expensive Thompsons from the still neutral United States but there was never enough available . In order to rapidly equip a sufficient fighting force to counter the threat of invasion , the Royal Small Arms Factory , Enfield ( North London ) was commissioned to produce an alternative quickly and in large numbers . Whats in a name S.T.En. There Major R. V. Shepherd OBE and Mr. Harold John Turpin came up with the Design which became

Six Month Service - Vav Simon Chiropractor !

Every so often I visit a chiropractor to keep my bones - especially my back - on the straight and narrow . This stems back quite a few years ago when I was having problems with it . I was fine working but if i stayed in the same position for more than a few minutes my back started to hurt . I could not sit down , I could not stand up , I could not ignore the pain ! I asked around and went to my Doctor . A few people told me Vav Simon got lame horses to gallop , The doctor said it was quack useless and unnecessary treatment . I rejected his advice and booked an appointment . She asked questions and examined me . told me my pelvis was tipped to one side and trapping nerves ! This was not a supprise but sounded bad ! She told me she could fix it in two or three visits - this did suprise me and sounded good ! She tapped me about and stretched things very gently , told me to get dressed and walk about . Really weird - I walked like a drunk swaying to one side ! Then I understood - my legs w

Bonny and Clyde and the Browning Automatic Rifle

Bonnie and Clyde and the BAR ! Clyde Barrow, holding a Browning automatic rifle. BAR's could fire a twenty-shot magazine loaded with armor-piercing ammunition in under three seconds. During the depression of the 1930's in the USA criminals were looked at in a different way by many of the people who had been victimized and impoverished by the rich bankers and the emerging powerful corporations. Many people saw them as people driven to the edge that were only taking back what was stolen from them and striking back at a society and Government that let the Depression cause so much harm to so many . Two of the most famous criminals of that time were Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow . They were known to be quite skilled with their weapons, and unlike most criminals, they practiced with them and maintained them . Sadly they are considered to be responsible for the deaths of at least Nine law enforcement officers and five civilians during